It is December 22, 2008. Just this past Saturday was my sister Mara's birthday party. It began with dinner @ Bistro 333 and ended with an evening in Menage. Dinner was good and the clubbing was just as awesome. It was fun even though the club wasn't that busy. In fact, I believe our party was the largest group present. I had mentioned in my previous post about a girl named Kate whom I asked out and whom I got to know a little bit better. What I did find out did not really interest me so much. The girl is pretty and she's smart. However, I felt that we just didn't connect like I thought we would. I am willing to give her another chance, see how I feel about it the second time around.
The problem I am facing now, however, is that I am developing feelings for one of my friends: Cassie, or Cassandra. Cassie is cute; she is funny and adorable; and she and I get along great. Now, I had told me myself a long time ago that I could not like Cassie again because she is just not interested in guys like myself, and that was fine. Things these days are different. Lately I've been noticing her more and more as a young woman I would like to take out to dinner and movies and whom I would enjoy spending more time with on a personal level.
@ the club she looked so hot, but I couldn't bring myself to dance with her. Maybe it was because there were only 8 people on the dance floor and I didn't want to make a fool of myself, or maybe it was the fact that I'm too shitless to do anything about anything. I was too afraid of what might happen and I didn't want to make things awkward between us. After all, we do share friends with one another and I would not want them to make a choice between us if things went the wrong way.
But how do I go about solving this problem? My friend and cousin both said that I should not think about it, that I should just tell her, and that I should have danced with her when I had the chance. My friend kept mentioning how he noticed sexual tension between Cassie and myself that night @ the club, even though I was not aware of any such things. Maybe I just need to pay attention a lot more than I currently am.
Well, we'll see how it goes @ Lawrence's place next Saturday night. If it goes well, I'll be spending my New Year's Eve with Cassie. I just have to figure out how to go about making things go well...Wish me luck...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment