1/7/09

Focus your eyes and you just might see something...

I am currently sitting inside the Starbucks @ Bathurst and Sheppard. The reason why I am at Starbucks @ this moment? Doing some of my training modules because I don't have any time to do them at work. It is quite alright because I don't really mind doing them outside of my training hours. It keeps me busy and keeps my mind focused on something. These days I'm finding it harder and harder to focus on things that matter, or anything at all for that fact. It might be due to the many media-related articles that bombard me on a constant basis: television, computers, video games, movies...you name it I probably come in contact with it at least once per day.

That is partly the reason why I wish that I was in school this year. At least in school, I read books; in school I had assignments that allowed me to use my creativity; in school I wasn't at home all the time when I wasn't at work. School kept me focused and brilliant not only because of the reasons stated before but also because I was surrounded by individuals who valued education and the pursuit of learning.

I'm trying to push myself to achieve many of the personal projects I've imposed upon myself but it has been an uphill battle. I get interested when I begin but quickly lose motivation to continue with my separate and many endeavours. It is frustrating to no end when I am unable to complete a song that I am writing, or the picture that I am attempting to draw. I need to find focus and discipline in order to finish what I start.

As the days go on, I am hoping that it becomes easier and easier for me to focus. I am going to try to give up some of my ways. I promised myself that I will no longer smoke and that this year will be the year that I actually see it all the way through. As well, I am trying to give up other things in my life...Let us see if this is the key that will unlock the satisfaction that I am looking for...Let us see...

No comments: