11/13/09

Welcome back, my old friend...You've been missed...

So, I wrote yesterday that I have been neglecting my duties to writing down thoughts, ideas, and goings-on from day-to-day, and that I had just returned yesterday to continue writing because I now have reasons to write and translate my thoughts into words.

Yesterday, I recapped the events that were currently going on with my schooling and with my work life. And, I briefly touched upon the bareness of my social life of late. This entry will deal more with the social part of my past few months and the current "relationship" I am in. I won't go into too much detail but I will most definitely be as expansive as I possibly can without seeming boorish and prick-ly.

Here we go. I have been seeing and talking to this girl, Joyce, for about a month now. It began near the middle of October but probably closer towards the beginning. It is probably one of the more random things to happen this year. We've talked and I have found out that she has had feelings for me since May or June of this year. However, I was unaware of said feelings during that time, even when we were working together. I am just really bad at reading signals from people of the same or opposite sex. I can never tell what is exactly what. We were always pleasant to one another and we generally enjoyed the conversations that we would partake in.

The situation was a little uncertain in the beginning, and every now and then it still feels like it will be. I have heard many things that other people have told me. Nothing specific but that she is not one that I would want to be with or pursue for reasons that I am not willing to say in this blog. Needless to say, I heard their opinions and have thought about it. The other thing that makes this situation a little sticky is the fact that she just recently broke up with her boyfriend of about 2 years only 2 months ago. But, it's not like I came after her any time during their relationship. Honestly, I wasn't even sure if I could return any of the feelings she had for me.

So, the past relationship plus my friends' many opinions have made the situation less than ideal. At to that fact that I wasn't feeling the same way she was definitely makes it unsavoury. It is a good thing, however, that we have surpassed that and have decided that we will see each other, for now. Nothing is really serious at this moment; I just don't think either one of us is ready to pursue a real relationship given her most recent one and my hiatus from being in one. I, for sure, am definitely too uncertain about my feelings for things to get any more serious at the moment. Where we are is good and, I think, she hasn't regretted liking me just yet (LOL)...given enough time, though, she'll see that she probably made a big mistake...I'll write about Joyce in tomorrow's blog...

No comments: