My first week at the new store is just about halfway finished. We’ll see if I am still able to survive by Sunday. If by the end of this week I am still in one piece and am still breathing, then I would have made it for certain. And, I would definitely have learned something important. I can’t really say that my responsibilities have gotten heavier or more complicated. I am still really, really new in the role and have no idea what exactly to expect. I certainly hope that the expectations of me are not so high. It would seem like I have big shoes to fill, according to my old manager. But, as far as I can tell, there isn’t really anything the partners and manager is expecting of me.
There are a few things I expect of myself. For one thing, I need to gain the most basic trust of the partners who work in this store. I know that that takes some time but I wish that it would happen sooner. Hopefully no more than a month or two. It would certainly be a stumbling block if throughout my entire training we were all on bad terms. It would certainly hinder any new standards or changes I would love to apply and impose. Change is never an easy thing for most people to cope with. I know I don’t do very well with change, but it is necessary. If we don’t change then we die. We never get the chance to grow; we never get the chance to become stronger; we never get the chance to live, really.
It will definitely be not an easy thing for me to do. I have never been one to be good with new situations or new people. But, I am the new one here so nothing for me to do but try to fit in. Use my limited charm and charisma to find myself individuals with whom I can relate to. Good fortunes be with me and keep me sane throughout this whole ordeal…otherwise, I think I might go insane…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment