So here is the new deal: I am now an Assistant Store Manager for Starbucks. As of this writing, I am still unsure as to where exactly it is they are going to deport me to but I am excited nonetheless. Excited but nervous. And, rightly so, because this is a brand new experience. It is a new place to work, with new people to get to know, and a new system to learn to exploit. The work, however, remains the same, and in that respect I am confident in.
Yesterday, Sunday June 15, 2008, marked my final day of working @ Bathurst and Sheppard. I had spent almost 2 years in that single location, and have met some wonderful individuals. That is not to say that it was all roses and walks in the park. It was full of peril and drama, none of which were necessary but vital in spite of what could have been. There were moments when I didn’t want to keep working there, moments when I just wanted to quit, but I never let myself fall that far. I was too headstrong to accept defeat in such a manner. And so, I persevered. And here I now am. Ready and eager to face a brand new world, ready to take the next step in my evolution, eager to venture forward into the unknown.
It saddens me to leave the many people that I have come to enjoy working with, and have had the pleasure to get to know over the last 2 years. Times, however, are always changing; nothing ever really stands still, least of all your life. If all you do is gawk and do the same things all the time, then everything will just pass you on by on their way to wherever it is they are all headed. So, you grab life by the horns and wrestle with it until it does what you want, or until it takes you wherever you need to be. And I, well, I needed to move on. I needed to begin walking again.
I guess this leaves me with no chance to let Cecilia know how I am feeling. We don’t always need to make sure that we don’t wonder what might’ve been, right? Without those thoughts, how in the world would we ever waste time when we’re older and alone? I want to have regrets in my life (even though there are already quite a number), I want to be able to look back and imagine what might’ve happened if I had just said something back then. I want to realize that I care for her more deeply than I am willing to admit in the future. Not now. Not while we’re young (well, while she’s young) and there is an entire world to explore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment