The weirdness factor has, yet again, increased itself. I am, of course, referring to my current situation with Cecilia. Here’s the 411: Amos Lee, a most talented bluesy, folksy musician, is coming to Toronto to perform @ the Danforth Music Hall downtown. The event’s date is this upcoming 8th of July, which is in about a week and a half. I got 2 tickets for the show, so I decided to invite Cecilia to come and enjoy it with me. Unfortunately, she has not really heard of Amos Lee, so she isn’t as excited about it as I am. Now, she hasn’t exactly said yes to my proposal, but she hasn’t exactly refused it either. If anything, she sounded like she wanted to go and enjoy this with me, which in itself is a little bit weird. The biggest obstacle that I am facing at this moment (which I did not realize until about yesterday) is that the concert happens to be on a Wednesday evening. Normally, that wouldn’t be a problem but Cecilia is always busy helping out her friend, Sally, on Wednesdays and I have no idea what time she is finished helping her friend. It would seem, as of this moment, that I might have to go to the concert alone, which would be tragic but not world-ending.
So that’s the story. It just seems weird that she would even consider saying yes to this concert, especially if it is going to be the first concert she ever sees. I assumed she would hold out until a truly great concert came along with an artist she actually knew and liked. I still remember my first concert; it was actually just last year. It was so memorable and enjoyable. I want it to be the same for her. I am really hoping that she would say yes to my proposal and decide to go to the concert with me. If not her, I would definitely have to find someone to replace her. I just don’t think that it would be the same if it wasn’t her. But what do I know, right? I mean, she doesn’t like me and we’re not that good as friends. I was hoping to change that but I don’t really know how much progress I’ve had. Maybe in time…maybe…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment