3/29/09

A happy birthday to you, my friend...

This past weekend was my friend Julia's birthday celebration. It was a 2-part affair: the first part was dinner @ Memories of Japan, a teppanyaki style restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you; the second part was chilling and dancing at the Brunswick House AKA Brunny. The night started out very boringly. The dinner was nothing really special. I did get to see many of the people that I only see during other events planned either by Lawrence or Julia. I don't really Steve or Sean that often. It was nice to see them.

Julia got some pretty awesome presents this year. I believe she got some sort of perfume and body sprays and bath products. The best presents, though, came from her boyfriend, sister, and cousin. First off, her boyfriend got her a Wii which is an incredibly awesome present. Then, they got a her a Louis Vitton bag. The bag must have cost something like $800, which, in my opinion, is not money well-spent. It might be something that she wants but it's just unnecessary. However, it is not my money so I really can't say what they money should be spent on.

That was dinner. The event afterward was a lot better. We spent it at the Brunswick House and it was fun. We drank, we hung out, we danced, we partied. The atmosphere was great and the women were hot...Oh so hot...If only I had the courage and confidence to go up to them and speak to them. There are always so many hot women in those places. Ah, c'est la vie. I will learn to be more outspoken and more confident.

That's how my weekend went. I enjoyed myself and I hope that my friends enjoyed themselves. It was a good choice of venue and it was certainly much more fun and less dangerous than last year's event. Man, that year sucked. Can't believe that a fight broke out...good thing that nothing happened this time around...wait and see what we decide to do next year...

No comments: