As the title of my blog indicates, it is about 1 week until the rest of my life comes to pass. I'm not talking about passing on. That would just be ridiculous. I am, of course, referring to the week off I will be taking mid-April to decide the course my life is going to soon take. It will be a week of reflection, redirection, and reimagining. It will be a week for me to think back on what has happened and what I want to accomplish in the next 5 years. I am turning 25 this summer (oy vey) and I do not want to have done nothing by the time I reach 30. Jeepers, I am going to be 30 real soon. How disheartening.
But enough about the sob story and back to what I was talking about. Yes, 2 weeks from now I get to bask in the glory of nothingness and just relaxing and lounging around. Of course, it won't all be play. There is work to be done, and it is some serious work to do. I do not mean to sound like a walking, breathing cliche but it is high time for me to decide what it is I want out of life. It sounds so cheesy when I mentioned it to some of my coworkers. It would be nice if I was going to be going away for the week but, alas, lack of fundage is preventing me from doing so. And, I doubt that I would have been able to do much soul-searching relaxing on a beach somewhere.
My life can go a number of different ways. The week-off to follow will definitely determine how it is I will organize my life and what direction I will decide to take, whether it will be to return to school or stay on in Starbucks and pursue the managerial position or look for a new job altogether. All I know is that I cannot wait to be off from work and away from that miserable little place. Don't really know what it is about the place but I just cannot get the hang of liking it...What can I say...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment