4/16/08

Don't want to burst your bubble...but you SUCK...

Something is bothering me; something that occurred the previous day that always irks me whenever it happens. I speak of individuals who take utter and complete advantage of the companies that they work for. Even with the discounts and perks they receive, they still feel the necessity to swindle their means of financial stability. Now, it is completely understandable if the company these individuals work for have mistreated or are mistreating their employees. I can see poetic justice of sorts in that, and the employees deserve some compensation for what is being done to them. I can even understand if we work in the same facility, and I just happen to enjoy the moments that we work together. If that were the case then I have no qualms with giving away free things to those individuals who perform well in situations. However, if such things are not happening and they are not being taken advantage of, then these individuals should have better sense.

It is just irritating how some people occupying our blue orb of a planet have no morality or ethics, and if they did they do an excellent job of ignoring them. Where do such persons get the idea that there is NOTHING wrong with such ignorance? What makes them think they are the exception, that they are special and, therefore, exempt from the rules that hold many of us at bay? Is there some moral loophole that I am not made aware of? Because if there is, I want in. I want to rid myself of the ethics that I adhere to so deeply. Let me take advantage of individuals and corporations. Let me get ahead by stepping over, or, better yet, on you, without any regard to how it would make you feel. As long as I get mine, I will be happy and secure with who I am. He is irrelevant. She is unimportant. You are just dirt underneath my gigantic arrogance. I am sorry: Sorry that you are morally motivated.

If you did not catch that, I was being overly smug and sarcastic. Allow me to apologize for that tirade. It was uncalled for. But, this is the state I get in whenever I see such exploitation. And, it happens a lot. With a company as lenient and "customer focused" as Starbucks, things like this are bound to happen, and people will continue to take advantage of such naivety. People should wait to be OFFERED these benefits. They should not be so ready to ask for them all the time. Sucks that I have to work with such individuals.

No comments: