4/28/08

Music is the very air I breath...

So far, the entries that I have posted have either been negatively fueled or randomly ranted. None have had any positive denotations. I usually only write when I am feeling particularly lousy or when something is bothering me and I don't feel like speaking about it to other people. Others should not be bothered with the irrelevancies of my daily life, encounters, and emotions. People have enough to worry about without me adding my problems to theirs. But, that is not what I am here to write about; I am here to write about something that makes me happy, that cheers my heart when it is weighed down by the stresses of the world. There is one thing in my life that I have come to embrace as a necessity, that I have come to love and need on a day-to-day basis. It is the one thing that makes the sadness disappear, the one thing that will never judge me, and the one thing that makes me feel wanted and loved. hat is this single, most important object, you ask? Music.

Music is universal. Every culture in the world taps into it through one form or another. It is culture-defining; it is expressive; it is boundless; it is soothing and inspiring. Music is a haven for the persecuted. It is the definition of lives led and lives followed. It is a child's first words and first steps; it is the first day of school; it is your first kiss and your last goodbye. It is the sun when it breaks through the clouds, driving the gloom back and providing reassuring warmth. Music is the world all around me. Life is its rhythm and the people are its notes; we make the melody that fill the air, that power our very individuality. As for me, it is a stress-reliever, an inspiration, a constant companion, and my greatest love. I can slip on a pair of headphones or earphones, put the volume up, and enjoy the world dissolve away for hours on end.

I can enjoy almost all types and genres of music, from the soothing tones of classical and opera, to the stylistic sounds of jazz and bebop, to the simplistic overtures of folk acoustic music. Any and all music is my lifeblood; it sets the mood for my day and defines the life I will lead. And, that is all I ever really need.

No comments: